05 Feb 2017
We all want to age gracefully and still look young till the day we die. These days chemicals are rampant in all beauty products with many side effects. So, we each have to find what is best for us as individuals and our families.
Here’s what to look out for in beauty products:
- Parabens are used to preserve the cosmetic product however it contains oestrogen like properties. High oestrogen has been linked to breast cancer.
- Formaldehyde is used to prevent bacterial growth however Formaldehyde is a human carcinogen researched by the International Agency for Research on Carcinogens (IARC)
- BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene) and BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) is used to preserve lipsticks and moisturisers and has been linked to hormone function interference.
- PEGs (polyethylene glycols) are used to balance ph and thicken products as well as assist in skin penetration. The problem with PEGs is that it's a group of petroleum compounds. The group of compounds is often contaminated and that can cause skin irritation and cancer.
- Petrolatum is used for its ability to soften skin quickly. However, it blocks skins pores stopping naturally secretion from the skin. Petrolatum has also been linked to breast cancer
- Cyclotetrasiloxane are silicone based products that are used in hair products, moisturisers and make up. They assist to smooth and moisten skin. However, can cause damage to the liver and hormone function in balance.
- Talc often comes in a powdered form as such can become airborne and be inhaled and cause respiratory issues and lung cancer, talc powder can also increase your risk of ovarian cancer.
- 1,3-butadiene is predominately in shaving creams, sunscreens and foundation and has been found to be a carcinogen
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) are chemicals that are in coal. Its often found in shampoo and cosmetics. It has been shown to increase breast cancer risk.
- Lead is often found in lipsticks. Lead poisoning can often cause brain damage and behavioural abnormalities.The dose in lipstick is low but as woman how often do we apply lipstick a day?
Now with all this Cosmetic Surgery available what's cost to our health?
- Botox is poison a namely a toxin found in contaminated food, soils and dust .As its relativity new to cosmetic enhancement the long term side effects are unknown but many side effects can happen after going for a Botox injections and can last till Botox wears off.
- Fillers the most commonly used filler is hyaluronic acid a major side effect that can occur is an allergic reaction to the filler.
- Collagen can cause an allergic reaction and bacterial infection
- Mesotherapy has mild side effects such as redness bruising, tingling. Rarely it can cause scaring.
The problem with cosmetic enhancement is that you don't know what's going to happen till you do it.
So what can be done to avoid chemicals how can we look and feel good till the day we die. Healthy skin has a lot to do with what you eat and drink
Best foods to eat and Drink:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Green tea
Always choose natural products for beauty care, I use Kiki Beauty. Who are a proudly South African Luxury Brand. Kiki Has Facial, Body and Perfume for women. I love the volcanic gold exfoliator and natural radiance moisturiser, rather be safe than sorry when it comes to your health.
If you order any products from Kiki Beauty be sure to use code Karmically Fused